President Trump may have betrayed the United States after a whistleblower lodged an “urgent” complaint about something Trump promised some another world leader – the details of which no one really knows. So they finally “got em.” Impeach Trump! because … somebody said something. Omg!
It has been a steady, planned drip-feed (do we really need to go into the details) over past few 24-hour news cycles from none other than America’s favorite so-called journalists at The Washington Post and The New York Times. It’s quite amazing – it all starts with a bombshell report that says nothing from a dubious anonymous whistleblower source – now let’s see if we can build a story around it. In steps our favorite Democrat investigator, House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, digging for more info on his arch-enemy Trump. Schiff threatens legal action over access to the whistleblower complaint. Trump obviously says no to the witch hunt, so now we have obstruction too. Here we go again – have we not seen this movie before?
The scandal theory says, Trump, may have made promises (or threats) to the new Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. It involved an effort to convince Ukraine to reopen its investigation into Joe Biden and his son Hunter after Biden convinced Ukraine’s prior government into firing its top prosecutor (there have been allegations of Hunter Biden’s fraudulent activities in Ukraine). There are also rumors that Trump threatened to withhold $250 million in aid to help Ukraine fight Russian-backed separatists if they did not cooperate.
Congressional Democrats are complaining that the sitting US president is having a political opponent investigated. Something the Democrats haven’t been doing for the past 2 1/2 years and during the Obama administration – remember that? So the conspiracy theories are running wild. Here are a few:
- Trump is looking for dirt to discredit Biden – the initial bombshell conspiracy theory.
- The whistleblower complaint is a Democrat effort to protect Joe Biden from an investigation. Deflect any investigation of Joe Biden’s son’s Ukraine issues back to Trump. After all, Ukraine can see Russia from its back porch.
- A Trump sting, to trap Democrats into exposing Joe Biden’s potential family corruption, instead of them. But does Trump have the time for this?
- The Progressive left, trying to knock out Joe Biden to ease in their more Progressive candidates of either Elizabeth Warren of Bernie Sanders.
- The whole whistleblower complaint is just part of the steady drip-feed of allegations against Trump, to give a narrative that Trump is corrupt. Trump’s corruption – The Definitive List, by The New York Times.
- All of the above.
The New York Times admits that nothing Trump did would have been illegal. So which conspiracy theory is true, and will this latest bombshell revelation amount to anything? News Forecasters does not take sides on these issues, but we have gone to a level of nonsensical overload on manufactured unsubstantiated stories. If there was anything there, there would be a more deliberate rollout of their facts there.
Though there for sure has been much talk around the “all of the above” conspiracy theory, News Forecasters will go with theory number 5, and nothing will come of this bombshell report.
A video presentation of this subject: